In this article, we are going to inform you everything about super visa and how to apply for super visa in Canada.
The super visa is for the people who want their parents or grandparents to live with them in Canada. Eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for upto 2 years without need to renew their status with grandparent and parent visa. The main difference is that the super visa allows a person to stay in Canada for two years upon each entry, whereas the 10-year multiple entry visa will only have a status period of six months for each entry.
Eligibility For A Grandparent And Parent Super Visa
The main eligibility for the super visa is applicants must be the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Here, Ofcforex dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the super visa. However, they can apply for a regular visitor visa. The super visa applicants must also be found admissible to Canada and meet some other conditions.
Visa officers consider several factors before deciding whether an applicant is admissible. Officials must be confident that the applicant is a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit.
Among the things the officer might consider are the following:
- the person’s ties to his or her home country;
- the purpose of the visit;
- the person’s family and financial situation;
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
- invitations from Canadian hosts.
Now you should know about the requirements of parent super visa in Canada
Also Read : Yahoo Finance Canada
Parent Super Visa Requirement In Canada
Parents and Grandparents citizens can live in Canada for two years without need to renew their status.
- Complete and submit form [IMM5257] (to be filled outside of Canada).
- Parents financial and host financial situation will be considered.
- The overall economic and political also offer application.
- Invitation letter from host.
- Parents or Grandparents must provide of financial support from their child (host) and meet minimum & income household. (around $17,000)
- Prove Canadian medical coverage insurance (for at least 1 year).
- Complete medical examination requirements.
Letter of Invitation format should include:
- Complete Name and Middle Name of Parents.
- Date of Birth/Country of Birth.
- Parent/grandparent Address and Phone Number
- Relationship to the host (citizen or permanent resident of Canada)
- The purpose of the trip.
- How long the parent/grandparent intends to stay.
- Detail of accommodation and
- Date the parent/grandparent intends to leave
Now let us know about the applying a super visa. I have mentioned below.
How To Apply Super Visa In Canada
- First of all get your documents ready.
You’ll need following documents before applying for a super visa:
- a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada that includes
- proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income
- proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company
- a document confirming that you had an immigration medical exam
2. Now apply.
Approval Rate for Getting A Super Visa
The approval rate for a Canadian Super Visa is around 83%. You can expect the processing time for a super visa to take about 8 weeks after sending the application, In case for approved for this visa. Kindly keep in your mind that the time it takes to process a Super Visa will ultimately depend on you that from which country.
Minimum Income Requirements
The child/grandchild of the applicant must meet a minimum income under the Super Visa eligibility criteria, also known as the low-income cut-off (LICO).
|Size Of Family||Minimum Income Required|
|1 Person (Sponsor)||$24,949|
|7 or more people (for each additional person add)||$6,723|
Show Income Proof
The host can prove their income through any of the following :
- Send the most recent paper copy of the Notice of Assessment.
- Get your tax information directly from the CRA
- A most recent copy of the T4 or T1 from your employer (if you are self-employed, you may obtain a letter from an accountant confirming annual income)
- Original letter from your employer stating your title, job description, and salary
- Employment insurance pay stubs
- Proof of other sources of income, such as a pension statement, investments, etc.
Why Seek Professional Immigration Help
The super visa application process can be very complicated, time-consuming and difficult.It is therefore essential that you receive professional immigration assistance if you are considering applying for a Canada visa. The last thing you want is for your application to be rejected after waiting for months (or sometimes years).
- What is Super Visa
The super visa is for the people who want their parents or grandparents to live with them in Canada. Eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for upto 2 years without need to renew their status with grandparent and parent visa.
- How to Apply for Super Visa
You'll need following documents before applying for a super visa:
a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada that includes
proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income
proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company
a document confirming that you had an immigration medical exam